Saturday, April 17, 2010

Sen. Scott Brown Can't Explain His Opposition To Financial Reform, Asks Reporter To Do It For Him


Asked by the Boston Globe how he'd like to see the bill improved, Brown fumbled -- appearing not even to know what it was he wanted changed in order to garner his support.

Brown left open the possibility that he could support a compromise.

"I want to see when it's going to come up, how it's going to come up,'' he said. "I'm always open to trying to work something through so it is truly bipartisan.''

Brown, whose vote could be critical as Democrats seek to find a GOP member to avoid a filibuster, assiduously avoided talking about specifics.

When asked what areas he thought should be fixed, he replied: "Well, what areas do you think should be fixed?


I mean, you know, tell me. And then I'll get a team and go fix it.''

Read on.

No comments: