Monday, January 07, 2008

McCain Falsely Claims He Has ‘Never Asked For A Single Earmark Or Pork Barrel Project’ For His State.


McCain + Pet Project = Slap of Pork.


Thinkprogress:





In tonight’s Fox News GOP presidential forum, Sen. John McCain (R-AZ) attempted to argue that if elected president, he will eliminate “wasteful spending.” As evidence, he claimed that he has never asked for an earmark for his state of Arizona:
And I’m proud to tell you, Chris, in 24 years as a member of Congress, I have never asked for nor received a single earmark or pork barrel project for my state and I guarantee you I’ll veto those bills. I’ll ask for the line item veto and I’ll veto them and I’ll make the authors of them famous.

1 comment:

airJackie said...

If people believe it lie some more.
After the ABC Debate aka The GOP View show, what can be said. The Republicans were like clowns performing, lying and acting like they were girls in a cat fight. Charlie Gibson looked like the Ring Master watching the entertainment. Not one thing was said that applied to the issues of today. Rudy took the time to endorse his book.