Tuesday, October 23, 2007

TGIT! Finally Telling My Story.


Valerie Wilson has a new blog post on Huffington Post. She wrote:

I'm Valerie Plame Wilson and I'm excited to be here and blog about my book Fair Game: My Life as a Spy, My Betrayal by the White House, which goes on sale Monday, Oct 22. When my publisher sent me the finished copy earlier this week, it was thrilling. It felt like a new chapter (forgive the pun) has begun on the journey that has taken some incredible twists and turns since July 14, 2003, when my covert identity was exposed and ended a career that I loved. I've written honestly about my life: why I went to work for the CIA, my paramilitary training, the sort of operations we developed and ran to find intelligence on Iraq's alleged WMD programs in the run up to the war, as well as personal information, such as my battle with postpartum depression and the difficulties I had going from a private to a public persona literally overnight. My publisher, Simon and Schuster, decided to print the blacked out redactions demanded by the CIA and hopefully those passages (or lack thereof) speak for themselves and the extent to which the CIA thought the material in the book was classified.


Watching myself on 60 Minutes was surreal -- who can ever get used to seeing themselves on TV? I guess the book tour has really started and it will be a crazy week ahead. After four and a half years and everyone else in world talking about me, it feels good to finally be able to tell my story myself. It's a story about the consequences of speaking truth to power and the critical importance of holding our government to account for its words and deeds. I'm off to bed, because I have an early wakeup call tomorrow to do the Today Show. I look forward to sharing my reactions and stories with you from the road over the next few days. I will be posting throughout the week and appreciate your comments and support.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/valerie-plame-wilson/finally-telling-my-story_b_69296.html






1 comment:

airJackie said...

Good to see Valerie happy. I was wondering why Katie asked Valerie about making money. Katie gets 20 million for spreading GOP propaganda for the White House and attacking people that the White House wants to shut their mouths. Valerie lost her job and pension so how would see support herself. yes Joe takes care of the family but why can't Valerie earn an income. Katie did sound more like she was jealous of Valerie and I must say looking at both woman. Katie looks like an old bag while Valerie look young and beautiful. Now that's a good reason for Katie to give the cat fight attack.