Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Forbes says Dr. Phil Gramm may still be advising McCain.

Is he or isn't he? Who cares. I still think that Gramm hasn't left the building in McCain's camp.

Thinkprogress:

Last week, Phil Gramm stepped down as co-chair of the McCain campaign after calling America a “nation of whiners” locked in a “mental recession.” But yesterday on CNBC’s Kudlow and Company, top McCain surrogate Steve Forbes said Gramm’s advice would still be accepted by McCain:

FORBES: Oh, I think in terms of advice Phil Gramm will be critical, which is good because on things like trade he is absolutely right. I think John McCain has a long friendship with Phil Gramm, so this was something, Phil Gramm said something that you’re not supposed to say these days, and he paid a price for it, but in terms of the relationship, I think it’s as strong as ever, and in the McCain administration, I think Phil Gramm’s advice will be taken to heart.

No comments: