Thursday, June 14, 2007

Judge Walton in Libby trial receives threats.

AP reports:

The federal judge who oversaw I. Lewis “Scooter” Libby’s CIA leak trial said Thursday that he received threatening letters and phone calls after sentencing the former White House aide to prison.

“I received a number of angry, harassing mean-spirited phone calls and letters,” U.S. District Judge Reggie B. Walton said. ”Some of those were wishing bad things on me and my family.”

Walton made the remarks as he opened a hearing into whether to delay Libby’s 2 1/2-year sentence. He said he was holding the letters in case something happened but said they would have no effect on Thursday’s decision.

2 comments:

KittyBowTie1 said...

That is too bad. For the jokers out there, threatening a judge is illegal. Grow up, huh? I hope those responsible are caught and nailed to the wall.

This is what happened to judge Lefkow's family in Chicago. Very sad.

SP Biloxi said...

Yes, thanks for bringing up Leftkow's case. I thought about that case when I read about Walton received threats. Threatening a judge, prosecutor, witness, and so on is major no no. Let just hioe that the jokers are nabbed. All threats rather in a joking matter or not is a serious crime. Better hope that those jokers had no ties to Libby or from the WH.