Wednesday, March 07, 2007

Video: 'Valerie and I will both sleep easier tonight...'

Former ambassador Joseph Wilson gave his first live interview following the guilty verdict returned against Lewis "Scooter" Libby Tuesday night on MSNBC's Countdown with Keith Olbermann.

Asked whether he felt any personal vindication by the jury's verdict, Wilson replied, "I think Valerie and I will both sleep easier tonight knowing that at least one part of this is behind us. I take no satisfaction in this, I think that the idea of a senior White House official being convicted of obstruction of justice and perjury is something that ought to sadden everybody who believes in public service."

Of his wife Valerie Plame's reaction to the decision, Wilson said, "She wept when she heard the news." More on the story.

I wish the Wilsons much success in their civil lawsuit...

No comments: