Thursday, October 26, 2006

Interesting Enron emails!

I wanted to share some actual emails from Enron made public. Ths is one the reason why Skilling's appeal will be denied.

(no subject)

Email details

From:
tdh@y2kenergy.net
To:
Kenneth Lay , vermeil@evl.net , robyn@layfam.com , liz@layfam.com , mrslinda@lplpi.com
Sent:
18/01/2002 at 19:32
Email metadata
Themes:
Employee Meeting
The message
Ken, Here are a few items that should be addressed and/or corrected.
1. A recent caller on a Houston talk radio show stated that you personally own, not just one, but several jet aircraft and travel in them on a regular basis.
2. The Houston Chronicle stated that you spent time in Aspen between Christmas and the New Year.
3. People in the media are asking, "Why is Ken not attending the upcoming employee meeting?" I'll forward anything else I hear or read immediately. Love, David.


Goodbye Mr. Lay

Email details

From:
V Monaghan
To:
Kenneth Lay
Sent:
14/01/2002 at 01:09

Email metadata

Themes:
Enron Global Markets , Volume Management
The message
Dear Mr. Lay:
You may not actually take time to read this email, but it will make me feel better having sent it. I started with Enron 2 1/2 years ago in the ENA Volume Management Group. Even after having 3 managers in the group, my reviews were outstanding, and after 1 1/2 years in the group, I decided to spread my wings. I wanted to make a difference at Enron and I decided to take a position with Enron Global Markets, a growing and prosperous group at the time. Once again, I was passed around through various managers, 3 to be exact, however I still received outstanding reviews. With all of my reviews, always came the promise of being promoted with the next one. However, with the last mid-year review, my boss knew that the time had come - but he encouraged me to wait until year-end, as my raise and bonus would be much better that way. I knew that he was looking out for my best interest, as I am sure the other 5 managers had done along the way as well.
Unfortunately, the company took a turn for the worse and I could soon see that my future with this company that I sincerely loved was coming to an end. I was one of the lucky ones, as I was not severed. I knew that since I was a ???survivor???, all the hard work had been recognized and that is why I was considered a ???critical employee???. But the longer I stayed, the more the uncertainty of the company became abundantly apparent to me and I knew I needed to do something to protect my career and myself. I decided to seek employment outside of Enron. I was fortunate. I found something immediately. I honestly believe it was because of my experience at Enron, along with having some of the best mangers and directors as mentors, that I was able to find such an opportunity.
I knew that the day would come that I would have to give notice, but I was hoping and praying that Enron Management would not do me wrong, as so many of my friends had been. I knew that Enron would be fair and pay me my three weeks of vacation that I was due. I was mistaken. When it all came down to it, Enron in the end looked out for itself. After receiving the run around, I was eventually told that I would not receive any of my vacation, although the rules had never been revised from previous years and nothing was ever clearly communicated from Human Resources.
I worked my ass off for Enron for 2 ?? years, and this company does not even have the decency to pay me my vacation. I do know that my managers and directors received 90 day retention packages, that amounted to more that my annual compensation. I know that some people within my own Enron Company were severed once it was determined that they had a job safely outside of Enron ??" that way they were assured $4,500. I also know that when notice was given for some employees, they were immediately severed, so that their benefits would not roll into the next month. Again, they received their $4,500 and had a job lined up to immediately go to. What are the rules? How should these situations have been handled? Should not each employee be treated fairly?
Time and time again, I stood behind Enron and you, Mr. Lay. I honestly thought I would leave supporting Enron. I thought it was the tragic mistake and greed of a FEW employees who took this company down. However, based on my recent treatment, I have come to realize that there are more than a few greedy people in this company ??" ones that have yet to be recognized. All I wanted was the one extra check that was due me. I earned my vacation. I worked hard and supported this company ??" and I am left with nothing, while management is left with thousands upon thousands of dollars. I HAD to leave Enron to protect my future. I never thought the day would come when my words regarding Enron would become resentful.

Sincerely,
Diana Monaghan
dmonaghan@houston.rr.com


You can look up more Enron emails on:

http://enron.trampolinesystems.com/


And Skilling thinks that justice wasn't served for him?

No comments: