Saturday, August 26, 2006

The Gerbil family vacation get raided


The Gerbil can't run and hide from protesters...

Protests Intrude on Bush's Trip to Maine

President Bush came to his parent's century-old summer home on the Maine coast for a little relaxation, a distant cousin's wedding and some family time. He got all that, along with a boisterous reminder nearly on his bucolic doorstep of the unpopularity of his Iraq policies.What local police estimated were about 700 anti-war demonstrators marched Saturday to within half a mile of the Bush compound before being turned back at a security checkpoint. Called Walker's Point after the family of former President Bush's mother, the stone-and-shingle retreat covering a craggy promontory is owned by the current president's parents.The protesters sang, chanted, beat drums, waved signs and even played fiddles to call on Bush to bring troops home.

http://www.rawstory.com/showarticle.php?src=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.cbsnews.com%2Fstories%2F2006%2F08%2F26%2Fap%2Fpolitics%2FprintableD8JOBRCG0.shtml

1 comment:

airJackie said...

Ok I know this is bad but I'm going to do it anyway.
I always feel like somebody's watching me and I have not privicy. I know it's bad but following the Gerbil is so sweet. I know Daddy Bush gave him advice on how to make sure the deals can't be overturned when the Gerbil has to resign for office.