Friday, April 03, 2009

Klobuchar to Cornyn: How would Texas like having only one Senator for years?

TPM:

Sen. Amy Klobuchar (D-MN) -- who has been Minnesota's one and only Senator since the first week of January -- appeared on MSNBC today and fired back at NRSC chairman John Cornyn for saying this week that it could take "years" to resolve her state's disputed Senate race:

KLOBUCHAR: Well, one of the other things he said, David, he said that we could go in Minnesota with one senator for years. And I would love to know how Texas would like that. I think that Minnesota would prefer to make its own decisions. I think we have a process that's taken a while. I think it's a fair process. It's going to--after these votes are opened up, Norm Coleman will make a decision about whether he wants to go up to the Minnesota Supreme Court. There's a process in place for that. Then I'm hoping it's done.

No comments: