Saturday, June 21, 2008

Blowhard News Report for Saturday.


Tennessee Dem: Fox News made me believe Obama was ‘terrorist-connected.’
Last week, Fred Hobbs, a state Democratic Party Executive Committee member in Tennessee, told Nashville’s City Paper that for all he knew, Sen. Barack Obama (D-IL) “
may be terrorist connected.” In a letter of apology to the Executive Committee, Hobbs now says he had that “incorrect” impression because he watched Fox News:

I was not as well prepared as I should have been when speaking with reporters, and I should have taken more time to research Senator Obama’s positions. My comments did reflect questions I had after what I had seen reported on Fox News, but I should have taken some time to check the accuracy of what I saw on television before speaking publicly. My statement that Senator Obama “may be terrorist-connected” was incorrect, and I apologize for making it.




Lamar Smith Compares McClellan To Judas, Declares ‘It’s Hard To Take Mr. McClellan Too Seriously’
Last month, former White House press secretary Scott McClellan published a memoir asserting that the Bush administration waged a “
propaganda” campaign used to “sell the war” in Iraq to the public. He also said that Karl Rove and Scooter Libby deliberately sent him to the press to lie about their connection to the leak of covert CIA agent Valerie Plame’s identity.
Today, McClellan is testifying before the House Judiciary Committee. In his opening statement, the committee’s ranking member
Rep. Lamar Smith (R-TX), one of Bush’s most loyal defenders, derided the hearing as the committee’s “first book-of-the-month-club meeting,” and suggested the next book should one by right-winger Ann Coulter. Lamar also compared McClellan to Judas, insisting he was “selling out the president” for “a few pieces of silver”:

SMITH: Welcome to the House Judicary Committee’s first book-of-the-month-club meeting. I propose that next time we consider Ann Coulter’s book, “How To Talk To A Liberal If You Must.” It’s hard to take Mr. McClellan or this hearing too seriously. … Scott McClellan alone will have to wrestle with whether it was worth selling out the president and his friends for a few pieces of silver.



Lou Dobbs finds his reason to impeach Bush… food safety.
Last night on his TV show, CNN host Lou Dobbs expressed frustration and anger at the incompetence with which the Bush administration has handled food safety in this country. Federal health officials have learned of 106 more cases of salmonella linked to tainted tomatoes, putting the
outbreak’s toll at 383 and counting. “I know there is a great deal of frustration” that the mystery hasn’t been solved, said Dr. David Acheson, the FDA’s associate commissioner for foods. “We’re continuing to work flat-out.” Last night, Dobbs lashed out:
You know, I have heard a lot of reasons over the years as to why George W. Bush should be impeached. For them to leave the Food and Drug Administration (FDA) in this state, its leadership in this sorry condition and to have no capacity apparently or will to protect the American consumer – that is alone to me sufficient reason to impeach a president who has made this agency possible and has ripped its guts out in its ability to protect the American consumer. It’s insane what is going on here.



A ‘Confused’ O’Reilly: ‘I Just Want Mayonnaise. I Don’t Want Guys Kissing’
Earlier this week, the Guardian
reported on a new “light-hearted” Heinz advertisement set to air in the UK that “promotes a new range of dressing called Heinz Deli Mayo” and also “features two men sharing a kiss.” A “New York deli man” acts as mother and wife in a typical British family and at the end of the ad, “mum” sends dad off with a kiss and the words: “Love you. Straight home from work, sweet cheeks.”

But last night on his Fox News show, Bill O’Reilly found the ad a little too much to handle. Talking with Bernie Goldberg and Jane Hall, O’Reilly confessed that the ad left him feeling “confused”:

O’REILLY: So why are they doing that? Why — it was. It was obviously a gay thing. Now I don’t know what the message is, other than gay people like mayonnaise. … I’m confused. This whole gender blending thing. It’s confusing to me. … I just want mayonnaise. I don’t want guys kissing.

Savage: ‘I’d hang every lawyer who went down to Guantanamo.’
On the Wednesday edition of his radio show, far right talker Michael Savage declared his support for the execution for any lawyer who represents accused terrorism suspects. “I’d execute any lawyer who would do this to this country in a time like this,” said Savage. Later, while talking with a caller, he specifically said he would “hang every lawyer who went down to Guantanamo“:


SAVAGE: Yeah, that’s why they had a pipe bomb and their lawyer said they were firecrackers. I tell you, I’d hang the lawyer. If I ran this country, I’d hang the lawyer. I would try her for aiding and abetting terrorism — I’d hang her and I’d hang every lawyer who went down to Guantánamo to defend those murderers.


Rep. Steve King (R-IA) to McClellan: Why couldn’t you just shut up?
Who can forget Rep Steve King’s horrible words about Obama back in Iowa?
King: “And I will tell you that, if he is elected president, then the, the radical Islamists, the, the al-Qaida, and the radical Islamists and their supporters, will be dancing in the streets in greater numbers than they did on September 11….
Well, he’s baaaack. In one of the most reprehensible lines of questioning today - and Lord knows there were many as Republicans desperately try to outdo each other on who can cover Bush’s ass best - GOP stooge Steve King takes the cake with this gem:
“Couldn’t you have taken this to the grave with you and done this country a favor?”

Republican Congressman 'Mistakenly' Calls for Assassination of Obama --'I would much rather have a policy where if we see Obama, there's a shoot-on-sight order.' Rep. Mark Kirk (R-Highland Park, Ill.) from the June 18 broadcast of WLS' 'Don Wade & Roma in the Morning.' DON WADE: In fact, yesterday in a conference call, Barack Obama's advisers were asked, "If Osama bin Laden were caught, should he get to challenge his detention in U.S. courts?" And the advisers said that -- should that right to challenge detention that they get at Gitmo based on the Supreme Court ruling, should that be applied to bin Laden? -- and Obama's advisers said, "Yes." KIRK: Yeah, and I would much rather have a policy where if we see Obama there's a shoot-on-sight order. DON WADE: Well, okay. I'm with you, but I don't know whether that's going to make 67 -- well it might --








No comments: