Friday, March 21, 2008

Dick Cheney takes press relations lessons from Karzai.


Thinkprogress:
During a press availability with Afghan President Hamid Karzai today, Vice President Cheney refused to take more questions from the press. Karzai had to chastise Cheney to never “disappoint the press“:
KARZAI: Thank you very much, ladies and gentlemen, very nice of you. Any more questions?
CHENEY: No, I’m fine.
Q Oh.
KARZAI: You’re disappointed? One more question. Don’t disappoint the press ever.
CHENEY: Don’t disappoint the press ever. (Laughter.)
KARZAI: Please, ma’am.
CHENEY: I can tell I should have begun my career with your guidance, Mr. President. (Laughter.)

1 comment:

airJackie said...

I guess he will have to take the lesson as he's not in the US. Cheney knows he's lost his power and the Middle East Leaders know it too. McCain is a joke and let's hope he remembered the trip he took or at lease have Lieberman remind him where he visited.