Friday, October 26, 2007

Special Treat, folks!



FBI Special Agent Robert D. Grant (left) and U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald (right).


My special thanks to my Chicago buddy for taking the photo. ;-) Here is the message that was emailed to me:




Jackie, Kittybowtie’s owner said the picture was for you, so U.S. Attorney Patrick Fitzgerald was very kind in being willing to pose, and for getting FBI Special Agent Robert D. Grant to be in the picture, too. Agent Grant wanted to know who “Jackie the Blogger” was and Mr. Fitzgerald replied that it was a “long story.” Someone can fill in Agent Grant about the story later.

Kittybowtie’s owner, sort of geeky lady in a burgundy silk jacket and skirt, took the picture. Obviously, she is an amateur at that. Mr. Fitzgerald kindly brought over Agent Grant to pose for the picture. The pleasant smirk on the nice FBI Agent Grant’s face is because he just said he wanted the caption to read “. . . standing next to the sexiest man alive,” which explains the expression on everyone’s faces, including the gentleman in the background who laughed, too.

The two distinguished gentlemen were at the 2007 Awards Reception & Benefit for the Better Government Association. They accepted the Civic Achievement Award on behalf of all of the people who work at the United States Attorney’s Office for the Northern District of Illinois and the Federal Bureau of Investigation, Chicago Unit. Former Assistant U.S. Attorney Patrick Collins presented the Civic Achievement Award to his former boss and all of his former co-workers. Mr. Fitzgerald gave the keynote address. In his remarks, he stressed that although the prosecutor may receive attention at the end, many other people work hard, but they do not receive the attention.

There will be more about the event later, especially about the Better Government Association. Thanks should go to Third Generation Chicago Native who put a link to their Web site on her blog. Kittybowtie’s owner saw the Web site, joined, and then decided to attend tonight’s event.

For Biloxi, the food was awesome. For the reception, the wait staff brought around sushi rolls and quesadillas. For dinner, the wait staff even served the salad dressing on everyone’s plate. Kittybowtie’s owner was not completely certain what kind of sauce was on the chicken, but it was the most tender, juiciest chicken ever. This was no KFC chicken. The people at the table raved about the wine—they will know more about wine than the cat’s owner. Dessert included raspberries and cheesecake, possibly provided by Sara Lee, one of the sponsors. Kittybowtie’s owner has no idea what the chefs did to the dessert because she hates both raspberries and cheesecake, but this dessert was wonderful and she finished all of it.

Did you have to rub it in about the food??? I didn't have that type of appetitizer at my award ceremony a couple of months ago?? ;-)

3 comments:

airJackie said...

Mr. Kitty please thank your owner for the beautiful picture of my Little Angel. Yes this was a proud event and I'm glad Pat gave praise to the follow lawyers who help with bringing justice. Good things always come to good people you just don't realize it sometimes.

Now Mr. Kitty I hope your owner brought a dogie bag or should I say catty bag. It will be good eating for you tonight I can smell the food from here in California. Yes I know we have smoke but a good meal kicks the smoke out of the air.

I'm downloading the picture and saving it with the others I have of my Little Angel. I put Randall's picture in my collection too.

KittyBowTie1 said...

You are welcome. I got a nice dinner before my owner left for the evening. There were a lot of people there, including many reporters from local TV news stations. They did not look like all of them were working, I think many of them were actually contributing to the fund-raiser. Mr. Fitzgerald had lots of nice things to say about the press, too. He said they get a lot of information from the press.

Many of the people who do investigations for the BGA were formerly investigative reporters. That's great. They had enough of what they were seeing and decided to do something about it.

Sorry about the food, Biloxi. You asked for a 411 on the food.

I really should get to bed.

SP Biloxi said...

"Sorry about the food, Biloxi. You asked for a 411 on the food."

Yeah, I'm bellaching over it. I certainly wasn't served sushi at the event I attended a couple of months ago. ;-)

Glad your owner had a good time. Sounds like it was a blast.