Thursday, October 25, 2007

Rudy on waterboarding: ‘It depends on how it’s done’


Rudy the buffoon candidate..

The Carpetbagger Report:

In recent weeks, it appears that Rudy Giuliani has changed his campaign strategy a bit. Over the summer, the former mayor positioned himself as a pragmatic choice for Republicans, billing himself as a candidate who could compete in “blue” states and win a national election. It quickly became an awkward pitch, and Giuliani frequently came across as a buffoon, but that was the strategy.

More recently, however, he’s apparently lost his mind. “Buffoon” is out; “lunatic” is in. Consider his comments at a town-hall meeting in Iowa last night.

Linda Gustitus, who is the president of a group called the National Religious Campaign Against Torture, began her question by saying that President Bush’s nominee for attorney general, Michael B. Mukasey (who happens to be an old friend of Mr. Giuliani’s) had “fudged” on the question of whether waterboarding is torture.

“I wanted to ask you two questions,” she said. “One, do you think waterboarding is torture? And two, do you think the president can order something like waterboarding even though it’s against U.S. and international law?”

Mr. Giuliani responded: “Okay. First of all, I don’t believe the attorney general designate in any way was unclear on torture. I think Democrats said that; I don’t think he was.”

Ms. Gustitus said: “He said he didn’t know if waterboarding is torture.”

Mr. Giuliani said: “Well, I’m not sure it is either. I’m not sure it is either. It depends on how it’s done. It depends on the circumstances. It depends on who does it. I think the way it’s been defined in the media, it shouldn’t be done. The way in which they have described it, particularly in the liberal media. So I would say, if that’s the description of it, then I can agree, that it shouldn’t be done. But I have to see what the real description of it is. Because I’ve learned something being in public life as long as I have. And I hate to shock anybody with this, but the newspapers don’t always describe it accurately.” (Applause)

2 comments:

airJackie said...

Rudy fought the Mafia and the Gun people to move up as Mayor. Then he sold out to the same groups. Yes at one point Rudy could have been sleeping with the fishes but now he's in bed with the Criminals.

Alot of once good people are made an offer then can't refuse or as Karl Rove studies what the person's weakness is. Yes some want money others want fame. A person who works hard and plays by the rules will be offered the one thing that they could never get. We see that all the time. A good person is hailed as friends speak highly for they knew the person well, only to find out that person accepted and offer they could refuse and sold out. This Administration has done this to alot of once good people. If you aren't careful you could be next.

I read a book called a Man I thought I knew.

Anonymous said...

Transvesite votes are his/hers